Maricopa Lock & Key can assist in such situations and provide you with an on-site solution for multiple scenarios:
- Change mailbox lock (new home)
- Lock replacement
- Rental property mailbox replacement with each tenant move in/out.
- Old lock removal by using a key, manipulate or force open the mailbox lock.
- USPS Mailbox lock with 3 keys
USPS REGULATIONS FOR LOCKING MAILBOXES
Locking mailboxes effectively prevent theft of incoming mail. They must meet the same functional requirements as standard mailboxes and must be approved by the postmaster.
- Slots for incoming mail must be at least 1.75 inches high by 10 inches wide.
- Protective flaps on locking mailboxes must be oriented inward so that mail carriers can place mail into the slot without additional effort.
- Locking mailbox slots must be large enough to hold the resident’s normal daily volume of mail.
- Slots must also be large enough to accommodate unfolded US Priority Envelopes.
- Locks cannot be used on contemporary or traditional mailbox designs.
- USPS carriers do not open locked mailboxes and do not accept mailbox keys.
USPS MAILBOX LOCKS & LOCKSMITH SERVICE
We’re a local locksmith company and WE’RE NOT AFFILIATED WITH THE USPS. We only provide locksmith service to USPS mailbox locks. Any use of the word USPS in this article was for the purpose of describing services associated with those locks.
If you wish to have your lock replaced by a local USPS post-man, you can call your local USPS office and arrange for the lock to be replaced that way.