Hiring a locksmith should be the most cost effective way to get a key replacement for your 2018-2020 EcoSport. Although losing the only Ford Key Fob requires you to call either a locksmith or a Ford dealer, locksmiths offers the better deal. Why? Because they travel to you so you won’t have to pay for towing. Additionally, locksmiths prices normally cheaper than your local car dealers. Lastly, that luxury service not only affordable but prompt and reliable as well.
When you choose a locksmith over a local dealership, you might lose access to the free popcorn and comfy waiting room, but on the other hand, a locksmith doesn’t make you wait! Most locksmiths will offer same day service. However, the average response time for a locksmith is 45 min.
Lost your key but have a spare? Scroll here to find out about the cheaper options available for you.
Why you must buy a second key fob
Lost car key can still be used to drive your vehicle! In the hands of the wrong person, this can potentially lead for auto theft. Missing or stolen keys are something that needs to be addressed by the vehicle owner when purchasing a key replacement from a locksmith.
Resetting your Ford immobilizer is a crucial step! Nevertheless, this procedure available with 2 keys ONLY! Meaning you will have to purchase two keys for your EcoSport in order for the locksmith to successfully reset your Ford Immobilizer. Resetting your immobilizer will delete all previous keys from your car memory.
The mechanical key in the back of your fob still works and can be used to unlock your EcoSport manually. If you wish to Rekey your Ford , discuss the pricing and probability with your locksmith .
Program Ford Key Fob
Customers who buy Ford Key Fob online and requesting the assistance of an auto locksmith to program it to their Ford, often find us by searching “Locksmith near me for cars” or “locksmith near me for key fob”. The reason for that is because most car owners are not able to program Ford key fobs when there is only one present, or none. If you have 2 Ford Smart key fobs, find your Programming Slot (Location vary between models) and follow these instructions:
1. Place the first programmed key in the backup slot (A) in the center console, then press the push button ignition switch. Insert the first previously programmed coded key into the ignition.
2. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
3. Remove the intelligent access key. Switch the ignition off and remove the first coded key from the ignition.
4. Within 10 seconds, place a second programmed intelligent access key in the backup slot. Press the push button ignition switch. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off, insert the second previously coded key into the ignition.
5. Wait five seconds and then press the push button ignition switch again. Switch the ignition from off to on. Keep the ignition on for at least three seconds, but no more than 10 seconds.
6. Remove the intelligent access key. Switch the ignition off and remove the second previously programmed coded key from the ignition.
7. Place the unprogrammed intelligent access key in the backup slot and press the push button ignition switch. After three seconds but within 10 seconds of switching the ignition off and removing the previously programmed coded key, insert the new unprogrammed key into the ignition.
If you’re down to a single fob
Did you use to have two fobs but you’re now down to one? Don’t wait until you lose it! Get a second Ford EcoSport Key Fob for your vehicle!
- Buy it Online
- Get if from Ford Dealer
- Hire an auto locksmith to program Ford Key
By buying your key(s) online and hiring a local locksmith to cut the blade and program the key(s), you can save about 50% of the fees that you would have paid of you did not have any key (Trip charge, key code, immobilizer reset, etc.).
Replace Ford Key Fob
But, if you have no key and wondering how to get a new Ford key, we invite you not only to hire a local locksmith for the job, but also to get instant quote for your Ford key replacement, using our free cost calculator (instant response, no credit card or personal information needed).
Our service area includes cities located in both Pinal and Maricopa Counties. We provide mobile locksmith service with keys cut, programed and delivered to your vehicle at competitive rates.